Guild Meeting

217 respuestas [Último envío]
Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Jun 19 2008

Shorah Messengers!

I think that now that we have so many new Messengers it's time for a Guild Meeting to talk about us, share ideas, volunteer for projects etc.

As usual, I've set a poll at Doodle: HERE

I've entered all the next week althought I know that probably the best day is on the weekend.

The last Meeting was held in an uncomfortable day and time for the American People so let's try to have a better one this time. This is the luck of having a Council Member from Europe and one from America there will always be one available for one of the timezones XD

I hope to see you all there!!

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
se unió: Nov 8 2007

Any chance of extending this poll earlier into this immediately coming weekend? :)

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Done.

You've also changed the lock to editing and deleting the entries, you will be able to edit your (any, actually) old entry with the infos for this weekend

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Ene 17 2010

uhm how do I edit my entry? I tried clicking on it but that  didn't seem to be the trick

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ago 18 2008

LOL- I had the same problem! Scroll down, there's an "Edit Entry" option.

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

I suppose we are still waiting on blutec and white to update with their status for the 2 days that were added to the poll?

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

I see there is no big difference between this saturday and the next one.

Doodle lists Next saturday as the next one, but I think tomorrow is better...mainly because Marten's input is very valuable and he's much more wiser than me XD and he couldn't make the last ones :D

White will be out until monday so it's a red square from him, I don't know anything about blutec.

SO...we'd have more people at 8am KITime on Saturday 15th (tomorrow). I hope it's not too early in the morning for our american friends.

The meeting will be held in the Guild of Messengers Pub, see you there!!

Tanshin
Imagen de Tanshin
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Abr 3 2010

SO far the only people on are me and Lunanne.

Come on guys!

Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a
se unió: Feb 16 2010

i go now entering the game to see where is the meeting.

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

MY KI :   959586

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

it was earlier, it started 15:00 GMT

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

The final discussion of the meeting was that we should consider restoring the full guild council.  The previous election held just before MOULa was announced ended with Leo and Theremin as the only council members.

One suggestion was that the council be restructured to consist of existing project leaders, and a single guild master elected by the whole guild.

This raised the question of - who are the existing project leaders?

Coincidentally, Nanouk reappeared on our forum just a few days ago and pointed out that one of our Book pages is out of date and requires updating.  This happens to be the same page that describes all of our projects and the participants!  So, we can answer the question of "who are the project leaders" by cleaning up the page.  (As a side issue, we should go through all of the guild books and bring them up to date, and maybe flag book entries that need updating on some recurring basis - and by "we", I mean "someone needs to volunteer".)

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/book/what-services-does-gome-provide

Items I know that need correction are:

* Leonardo is now webmaster, with White as backup

* The GoMe wiki no longer exists; its functionality has been rolled into the website

* Nanouk and Szark are no longer performing any duties for the Guild of Messengers

* Cavern Criers should be added to the list if Lynnutte wants it to be a more direct project of the GoMe

* Cavern Event Services should be added to the list (we are all hoping that Irissa is OK and will be back soon).  Incidentally, CES seems like a perfect match for also helping with the calendar, if sythiar is still active and does not mind.

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

Can the chatlog be posted somewhere?

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

I expect that Leo will post the chatlog soon.  I tried to send him my copy of the chatlog yesterday, but the website ate it (it was too big for a private message).  So I am sending it to him another way today.

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Yes sorry. I've spent my time today on the Test site. The new translation features are coming up nicely, but they are a bit buggy.

I'm checking some files of the theme and then I'll start reading the chatlog for cleaning it a bit and making a summary

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Chat Log

Here it is, I haven't cut out very much, I just re read it to make the summary.

Summary:

The Meeting Started with the Cavern Criers subject. We discussed a bit of Irissa's disappearance and I announced that Lynnutte is back and she will be the Criers leader, since she was their original creator.
Since Lynnutte doesn't have much time and has health issues we need to have someone working with her, ideally Irissa. Irissa planned to pass the Criers lead to Tanshin, so eventually he will be working with Lynnutte.
This point was suspended here since Lynnutte was missing and we decided to contact Irissa via email and see if we get a reply.

The email was sent yesterday, no reply yet.

After a round of introductions, KaelisEbonrai joined us and we started discussing the News Age. The discussion was mainly about the design: eventually we got to the conclusion that a good social place doesn't have to be a big place, see why Ae'gura feels empty even with 20 people in it. It would be more like a coffee shop, well not exactly a coffee shop, just imagine newspapers instead of coffee. The ideas of it being a D'ni Location, having many imagers and a podium were approved. There would also be many places to sit down, like tables and banches, possibly with good camera angles. Kaelis suggested to have a machine similar to the Nexus for storing the old Newspapers and Julee (IIRC) suggested to have the more recent issues around in the Age. The use of links to bring up the external browser was a bad idea. For more advanced features with the KImails and pics the Ahe is not useful, we need to wait for a KI overhaul.

Since Andros is out of the loop for now the recruitment will be done by the Cavern Criers, they already distribute the KImails, maybe they could start recruiting actively. Every Messenger can recruit of course and you're incouraged to do so. If you don't have the Recruitment KImails ("Open Jobs at the GoMe" and "About the GoMe") just ask to me or to a Crier.

Newspaper: the feeling is that we are almost there. Blutec volunteered for assembling again the Newspaper, this time she will try Scribus. Kaelis Eborai volunteered for making a column about the GoW. Kaelis suggested to look at the first two issues of the Archiver for layout and graphical ideas. If the future nice like it we can also stick with the old layout which has been used only for the last issues, it was made by Clat.

The last point was Guild Structure and Elections. During the last elections we used a good phylosophy for a small group with no new members in the forseeable future. We have changed a lot since then, MOULa started and we got new and fresh members and we are still growing. So the Temp Council needs to be re newed and we need a structure that reflects the new Guild. We already saw that Council Members aren't really needed as leaders (the GoMe has a nice history of taking the decisions discussing with all the Messengers). So I thought that a sort of Council could be done by the projects leaders, this is a formal way of acknowledging what already exists. The council would only have the task of coorditating the actions of the Guild. Then we'd have one (or two for backup purposes) Guild Master that would be the focus point for Messenegers and non-Messengers to talk to the Guild. Again, a Guild Master would not be a leader but as coordinator of the Guild, the face of the Guild to the public. He wouldn't have power to decide things, except very little ones (as I did when I accepted Chrissifniotis offer to make a pic for us to place on the Pub Imager). This brought to the discussion of what are the Projects of the Guild, and here I must that that probably we need to re-think again the Council since the Guild is made by more than just projects (Newspaper, Criers).
The election process needs to be redesigned once again, the current one isn't good. Of course it would only be used for the Guild Master(s) Right now each Messenger has to volunteer for the Council and it needs no confirmation from others. This isn't good, because there is no warranty that the people going to the Council are trusted by the other Messengers to be the representants of the Guild, even if the Guild Master isn't a leader the GM position means responsibilities. So it was suggested that we use a double nomination process: to enter the list of nominees one needs to have two nominations, one from himself (this guarantees that he is willing to be a GM) and one from another Messenger (this is a minimum warranty that someone trusts him). Then after the nomination period ends the real voting can take place. The discussion of this point will continue on the Guild Structure Thread.

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Oct 29 2007

Kalypso: #85553

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Thanks Andros!   I knew you had something like that :)

Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a

Guys is the meeting is stillt aking place and where.

If u guys know tell me and what age ?

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

There is no Guild Meeting talking place in the near future.

Next event for the Guild is the Guilds and Groups Fair in Kirel.

A new Guild Meeting will be organized after the Fair

Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a

So where we must go now Leonardo to this fair and what place?

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

the fair will be in the weekend of 5-6 june, I think

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Yes the Guild Fair is always on the first weekend of the month and is held in Kirel.

I won't be available to organize things, I'll be out of town. I need someone to volunteer for organizing and bumping the thread at MOUL XD (Theremin? if the time is good for you)

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Time for another Meeting of the Guild of Messengers!!!

Al usual I've set up a Doodle poll here for deciding the time: http://www.doodle.com/2qu4cyysdki9u97z

Althought, from the previous meetings, I can guess Saturday will be the best day.

The Subjects of the Meeting will be:

The Newspaper

Elections

So all the people interested in the Newspaper are invited to attend!

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ago 18 2008

I've posted my availability (Sorry, RL is real crazy for me until mid-July). If I can't make it, I'll try to give a detailed summary to someone, and whoever's there can discuss.

kaeebonrai
Imagen de kaeebonrai
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 20 2008

Hms, can't seem to edit my entry. I realised there's something i was hoping to attend to on the 19th. But, i suppose if it happens on the 19th, I might be able to make it. =) (weekdays are out, as is sunday :<)

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

I guess the KTDN Party XD

Just add another one. Then I'll delete your previous entry

kaeebonrai
Imagen de kaeebonrai
Desconectado/a

Yeah. LC is an old buddy of mine, officiated the "in-game wedding" event of myself and Ri'ana (my fiance) in guild wars, during the closure. =)

I think my current one is probably the best, after all, since its really the only time I can be sure of being able to get there, this weekend.

Musica
Imagen de Musica
Desconectado/a
Magazine teamMessenger
se unió: Mayo 3 2010

Hi Leo, 

I can't edit my non-selection either, so here my best times in a nutshell:

10am-4pm KI time Fri. 6/18, Sat. 6/19, Sun. 6/20

Thanks

Musica

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

The Entries in the Poll can be modified now.

kaeebonrai
Imagen de kaeebonrai
Desconectado/a

hokay, updated. Much better. =)

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

@Kaelis

Are you sure you updated the right poll? You probably used the link on the first post, but that was for some of the previous Meetings.

New one is here: http://www.doodle.com/2qu4cyysdki9u97z ;)

And for some reason, as someone already mentioned, your entry seems to be locked.

If you can't edit it just make a new one.

@Musica

In you post above you specified the whole day for Saturday and Sunday, but I have no idea what's your timezone....I could set you availability when you're sleeping instead XD